Individual Medium and Long-Term Projects
Modern government around the world have been strengthening their medium- and long-term policy programs in order to react to rapid changes in the political, economic and social environment at home and abroad. In addition, many practical implementation programs are being developed for the benefit of the people and the entire nation. Apart from promoting the establishment of a program framework through drafting and implementing the "Medium and Long-Term (Individual) Programs of Agencies Subordinate to the Executive Yuan," RDEC has also promoted the medium- and long-term programs of its subordinate agencies by strengthening the effectiveness of the program process through the holding of annual medium- and long-term program seminars and discussion groups, which serve to communicate ideas and enhance program abilities.
In accordance with the "Medium and Long-Term (Individual) Programs of Agencies Subordinate to the Executive Yuan," each agency must, on the basis of its service development needs, formulate medium-/long-term programs, and, within the framework of its administrative objectives, establish medium- and long-term strategies. Each agency must evaluate, coordinate and integrate its medium-/long-term programs accordingly.
Furthermore, in order to fully evaluate the medium- and long-term program operations of individual agencies, RDEC performs status investigations regarding medium and long-term programs of agencies subordinate to the Executive Yuan. The goals of these investigations include:
1. Understanding the status of medium- and long-term program operations at agencies subordinate to the Executive Yuan, including those items that are "finalized," "in adjudication by the Executive Yuan," "in the research and formation process" and "in the preliminary program process," as standards for project implementation, assessment and monitoring.
2. Acquisition of basic program analysis information, to provide further reference information concerning medium- and long-term programs.
3. Understanding the types, characteristics, and benefits/deficiencies of current medium- and long-term programs.
4. Compiling the "Digest of the Medium and Long-Term (Individual) Programs of Agencies Subordinate to the Executive Yuan " for distribution to government agencies, facilitating their formulation of annual administrative programs and coordination and management of relevant projects.
5. Acquisition of computerized copies of program data for on-line real-time query use.